Our world is becoming increasingly filled with fast, fried food on every block. Processed foods litter restaurants and stores. Refined sugar hides in drinks and snacks we don’t think of. It is easier than ever to let our health slip through the cracks and excuse our behaviors of overeating and under exercising. We’re here to help you get back on track to lead a happier, healthier life.
WHY OBESITY IS DANGEROUS
Obesity is about so much more than your appearance. It’s a thin line to encourage someone to be healthy without them claiming you’re body-shaming. Let’s get one thing straight: we love all bodies. We only want to encourage you to care for your body like it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own because guess what, it is. Obesity can lead to a number of dangerous conditions and outcomes such as:
● Heart Disease: the number one leading cause of death in the world is directly linked to obesity.
● Cancer: being obese can greatly increase your risk factors of developing many types of cancer.
● Diabetes: having type I or type II diabetes alters your insulin and blood glucose levels, which in turn drains a lot of your energy.
● Stroke: the fifth leading cause of death in the world.
● Mental Health: obese people have a much higher rate of being depressed, anxious, stressed, and suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.
The easiest way to prevent or overcome obesity is not some magic diet pill, expensive surgery, or secret to be found in the corners of the internet for a nominal fee. It’s a simple, basic, tried-and-true method: diet and exercise. According to the Department of Health and Human Services, adults need to aim for 15 to 30 minutes of moderate exercise five days a week to lose and maintain weight and keep healthy. It’s never too late to get fit. Leading a healthy lifestyle is about doing something you enjoy and can sustain. Whether it’s hiking in nature, running, weight lifting, swimming, doing yoga, or playing a sport, get your body moving and it will thank you.
If you hate running, you don’t have to run to be fit. Don’t overthink it. Try out a few things until you find something you enjoy. ULTRA FIT is made with you in mind. We want to support your multifaceted lifestyle. The next time you hit your workout, look to ULTRA FIT for both function and style.